Jonathan Bornstein is a professional soccer player for the Chicago Fire. His career began in 2006 when he was signed to the Chivas USA team in the fourth round of the MLS draft. Bornstein's international career includes eight seasons in Mexico's premier division, LIGA MX, along with Meccabi Netanya in Israel. In 2007, he earned his first cap for the U.S. Men's National Team winning against Denmark in an international match. Some of his career highlights include: MLS Rookie of the Year, MLS All-Star, and additionally includes several appearances in the World Cup and Copa America.
- 3:58 Team bonding through golf.
- 5:06 Always the next shot.
- 6:07 Doubt and belief to maintain the flame.
- 8:11 The first time he said it.
- 14:25 Keeping UCLA on his mind.
- 17:44 Starting with timidity, finishing with adaptation.
- 19:43 What he thought versus what he said.
- 21:15 Dedication from a coach.
- 22:37 Blaming everyone else.
- 23:84 Nine times in three years.
- 26:00 Enjoyment and faith.
- 28:53 A 3-year nightmare between dreams.
- 30:10 “Fortunately I was injured.”
- 32:40 Feeling set free.
- 34:32 Mexico to Israel.
- 37:16 Calls from Chicago.
- 41:27 Longevity is built daily.
- 53:37 The veteran mindset.
- 55:32 “I was able to just be me.”
- 59:22 Shutting down Lionel Messi.
- 1:03:25 Playing ’til 40.
Download The Best Mental Toughness Quotes That Will Make You BETTER
If you enjoyed this episode on Mental Toughness, please subscribe and leave a review!
Dr. Rob Bell